Associate Director, Search Engine Optimization
Mediabrands has evolved the specialist digital practices of Reprise Media, Cadreon, Ansible Mobile and Spring Creek Group into a constellation of data-driven services and enabling technologies called the Mediabrands Audience Platform. The focus is on all addressable platforms – search, display, mobile, social, video, applications and e-commerce.
The Mediabrands Audience Platform improves insights and results for clients by helping agencies find, buy and engage their most valuable audiences in real time.
In addition to discipline knowledge, the Associate Director, SEO will be expected to identify topical opportunities to publish research including white papers and articles, as well as contributing to the corporate blog, SearchViews. The Associate Director will support the company’s vision and is also responsible for both defining and evolving the SEO service. This in turn has to be translated into a clear action plan to enable the delivery of the service. The right person for the role will be a confident self-starter that has a proven track record of success and thrive in a fast paced environment.
Location: New York
- Clearly define SEO offerings including what is and is not offered, identification of needs for delivery, collaborating with Training, ensure that the Client Services group is able to deliver, and continuously evolve the service offering
- Responsible for keeping all teams current on new developments, opportunities, challenges and marketplace/technology developments
- Review client offerings and be responsible for quality and timeliness of SEO deliverables, keeping contracts and scope of work into account
- Responsible for content conceptualization, development and delivery of presentations and client reports
- Manage projects and personnel within the SEO team
- Facilitate partnerships with technology providers and introduce them to account teams in each office, including contract term review
- Identify new opportunities for service line evolution and development
- Provide strategic and tactical guidance on SEO best practices
- Share new developments and thereby enable superior, cutting edge service to our clients
- Experience with SEO platform technology
- Experience with white hat link building
- Proven track record of client partnerships that have generated results
- Worked in teams and managed personnel (both full time and contractors)
- Highly analytical and strong understanding of performance metrics including ROI, ROAS, CPA, CPL and others
- Expertise in data collection, evaluation and translation into actionable next steps
- Understanding of creative process and ability to manage it from conceptualization to development
- Ability to quickly synthesize information and make sound recommendations for search strategy
- Proficient in areas outside of SEO (Digital media, social, PPC, market research, mobile and traditional media)
- Proven leadership and ability to move a group forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and ability to translate in depth knowledge to those at all levels of an organization with varying levels of experience with SEO
- Experience with SEO platforms
- Experience that showcases a basic understanding of how servers can affect SEO performance.
- Experience with SiteCatalyst and Google Analytics is a plus.
- Experience with incorporation of design elements and site aesthetics while balancing SEO techniques.
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of the complex KPI’s for SEO
- An "early adopter" and openness to new technologies and media
- Demonstrated track record of developing solid level client relationships, facilitating and cultivating knowledge
- Ability to see the whole picture and integrate with other service leads to ensure evolution and holistic development of services
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal to keep colleagues, team members and other stakeholders informed and updated in a timely manner
- Creative thinking and analytical problem solving
- Strong client-service orientation
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5-7 years digital marketing experience
Skills & Qualifications
The Associate Director must have advanced knowledge of Marketing and Technical SEO and have executed large scale, complex SEO efforts, as well as must be well versed all areas of digital performance marketing:
It is the Policy of Reprise Media, a division of the Interpublic Group and the Mediabrands Audience Platform, to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment with regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, veteran status or disability or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law.